When: 10-12 September 2013
Where: LRC (Lighting Research Center), Troy, New York
In this hands-on, interactive course, participants learn the knowledge and skills to incorporate light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) into lighting applications. The LED Lighting Institute teaches the latest advances in solid-state lighting technologies and research, strengths and weaknesses of these technologies, and selecting and specifying solid-state lighting system components.
- Learn how to incorporate solid-state lighting technologies into the design of architectural lighting fixtures
- Develop lighting systems and design lighting applications
- Compare technologies and related system components from a variety of manufacturers through hands-on demonstrations of a full range of LED and OLED technologies
- Learn about operating characteristics, rated-life, lumen output, distribution, and other important specification factors
- Design, build, and evaluate their own lighting fixtures
Participants will earn continuing education units (CEUs) equal to 30 hours of instruction for attending the LED Lighting Institute and will receive an LRC Continuing Education Certificate in LED Lighting.
For more information or to register, visit http://www.lrc.rpi.edu/education/outreachEducation/InHouseInstitute.asp.